June 22, 2010

Putting together a BOYS room!


I am so excited! I received my fabric that I ordered online for the baby's nursery.  I was a little nervous picking the different pieces of fabric online because you can only see so much and it is kind of hard to imagine them all together.  I love the fabrics and cannot wait to get started on the bedding.  My dear, kind, sweet sister is going to be helping me since I don't have a sewing machine and really don't know how to sew. (Jeremy said I can't buy on until I learn, but it is kind of hard to learn without one) I am going to take the fabric and get some paint samples today. I am thinking of putting chair rail up and keeping the color I have on the walls and then painting the bottom half an orange color. I sold my old furniture and I am purchasing furniture in an espresso color.  I ordered a new glider yesterday for the room.  Our last house was one level and we had rocking chairs in our living room but I really don't want to get up in the middle of the night and have to go downstairs.  I know call me lazy.  I am so excited to start but first I have to get the guest furniture out of the room and sell that.  I will post updated pictures as I am going.  I know most people that read my blog (which is like three people) don't care about what I am doing to the nursery but I like to put these things on here so I can look back and remember. Wish me luck!
This is the fabric I am using to make a car seat cover.

4 comments:

  1. I love it...that's the cutest fabric! You did a great job at picking it out. Where did you buy it? I tried to find fabric for McKay's big boy room online, but gave up. So fun that you get to start fresh with new furniture. I can't wait to see it all done. I agree that you need to own a sewing machine to learn. Like learning to play the piano without owning one...impossible!

    Have you thought of a name yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mary Lynne! You will have to tell Jeremy that I need one. Maybe the more people I get to tell him I might end up with one:) I got the pieces for the bedding from fabricworm and then there is a really cute fabric shop in Springville (expensive, but cute) and I bought the fabric for the car seat cover from there. I think we have a name but I feel like we haven't really sat down and thought of any so I think I still need to do that to make sure the one we picked is what we want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CUTE!!! I totally care what you are doing- so keep writing! I can't wait to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kaylin. I can't wait to see how it turns out. I have all these thoughts going through my head now if I can get it all together!

    ReplyDelete