June 20, 2010

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY

Jeremy's lovely Father's Day breakfast



Jeremy wanted to take the camper out this weekend so we went down to where his brother Dave lives in Sterling. We had a blast and it was very relaxing just being in the camper and not worrying about anything going on at home or work. We went on a four wheeler ride Saturday morning and it was a lot of fun.  A little more bumpier than I was wanting in some parts but it was nice to be out in the open riding with family.  Then the guys decided to take a man ride.  "Up and over a mountain that should only take two or three hours".  Seven hours later they all came back looking like red lobsters!  None of them put on sunscreen because they didn't think they would be gone that long so now every one of them is suffering with a sunburn.  All I can do is laugh because I enjoyed my time taking a nice nap in the camper staying out of the sun.  But anyways since we were gone on Father's Day I packed stuff to make Jeremy breakfast.  Well this was the first time using the new stove. I started by putting the bacon in the oven. I set the timer for less time than it said to cook it and when I took it out of the oven everything in the middle of the pan was burnt.  I had to cut around all the burnt pieces in order to have bacon to put in the breakfast skillet I was making.  Then I thought ok I will set the biscuits for even less time.  I looked at them when the timer went off and thought yes I did it!  I took them off the pan and the bottoms were black as could be! And to make breakfast even better I forgot any kind of seasonings.  So I have a little practicing to do with that oven but hopefully I will get it.  We packed up and since we have lovely 1:30 church we were able to make it back in time to go and enjoy the talks on fathers. 

I just wanted to let Jeremy know how much Savannah and I appreciate everything he does for us and let him know we love him very much! He is such a helpful Dad. We would not be able to make it without him! He is an awesome husband and father. Savannah already looks up to him so much.  She loves to always help him with any job he might be doing. Most of the time she gets in his way but being the good daddy he is, he lets her help and spends the extra time fixing what she did. She knows when he is not home he is off working hard for us and if he is not at work then he spends as much of his time with us and we love him for that. Thank you Jeremy so much for being a wonderful Dad!

Savannah helping Jeremy get the trailer hooked up.
This is the beautiful view from our four wheeler ride.
Savannah was pooped from the ride and slept for three hours!

If I ever ask Jeremy to smile for a picture this is what I get!
(He hates pictures)

I love her smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment