March 1, 2011

Dress #2


I am so excited I have been practicing making pillowcase dresses for Savannah. I figured since summer is coming up and she loves wearing a dress I would just make her a bunch of these. I know you skilled sewer's are probably laughing at me but I never thought i would be able to make a dress (even though it is the most simplest dress there is). They are costing me around $3.00 to make. You can get more expensive fabric but I am just sticking with the cheaper stuff since they are just to play in. I made dress number two today and I am so happy with how it turned out. By no means is it perfect but I think it looks adorable. And my little Savannah makes it even more cute!

3 comments:

  1. Amy it is very cute! You did great. I love pillow case dresses. I am also not an experienced sewer but I can make these. Love your material where did you buy it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! Good for you. I hate sewing, but once in awhile if I get inspired I can love it. If I had a girl I might be inspired by this. :) Cute Savannah!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girlies! I got it at joanns and its a good deal right now. It is $2.50 yard. I think the sale ends this weekend but not sure. If you look at their ad it is in there except I think it shows in pink. They have some really good deals this week.

    ReplyDelete