October 3, 2010

General Conference & Picking Pumpkins

Today we were able to watch general conference as a family.  I think this was the first time (since having a child) that I actually heard almost every talk.  Savannah might not have listened but we had her sit there with different activities keeping quiet.  She did an amazing job, she got up a few times and went in the other room to play with a toy but she was entertaining herself which was very nice. I don't stress over getting her to sit still to listen to the speakers.  I explained before it started that we were staying home this weekend to watch church on the television.  When it started she told me, "this isn't our church".  I thought that it was a good thing that she knew it was not her normal Sunday meetings.

After the first session we got ready and I was doing Savannah's hair.  I had the curling iron in her hair when her head and body started falling back towards me. I said "Savannah what are you doing"?  In a split second I decided I better get the curling iron out of her hair.  She kinda laid back on me because I was sitting in a chair and her eyes started rolling back into her head.  I screamed for Jeremy in the next room because I was so scared and when I did that she woke up out of it and just started crying. We think she just passed out from being hot.  She had just taken a bath and then I was doing her hair.  It all proably lasted only about ten seconds but it scared me to death because I wasn't sure if she was about to have a seizure or what was happening.  I was sure I had not burned her but I thought I would ask her anyways.  She told me no that her head just broke.  This had never happened before but I will definitely be keeping an extra close watch on her.  Anyways, after that happened she still wanted to go and pick pumpkins so we did so.
  
We have a pumpkin patch basically across the road from us (not literally) so in between the sessions we went as a family and picked pumpkins.  We let Savannah pick two pumpkins out all by herself and then with a little guidance she picked out some more.  It was interesting watching her pick out which pumpkin she wanted.  It was not the prettiest but it was the one she wanted and she thought it was beautiful.  She also picked one out for brother.  Savannah has always had some fascination with pumpkins.  Each year I decorate the front porch with pumpkins and any chance she can get she will go out there and rearrange them or play with them like they are one of her dolls. (Remember she has quite the imagination) When people walk up to the porch they are probably thinking, why in the world did she put her pumpkins this way. Just remember that if you come to my house that it probably was Savannah's doing.  It makes her feel special when I leave them how she put them so I do just that because she is so special to us.
Savannah found her pumpkin and had her Dad cut it for her.


Seven more days until my due date, can you tell?

2 comments:

  1. I have been thinking about you... I am sure you have had your little boy by now... Can't wait to see the pics! We have been talking that we need to come see you. Let us know when you are settled in and ready for visitors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can come anytime you have a free moment. I know we get so busy being a mom that the month is over before you know it. At least for me I feel that way.

    ReplyDelete